Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Scriptures

I love the scriptures. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for preserving the words of His prophets, so I can read them, and learn about what He wants me to do. I was reading some of the scriptures listed under the topic "the value of scriptures" in the Bible's topical guide. The first one was quite profound.

Psalm 19:7 - “The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.”


I also love this quote from David M. McConkie. It lists a couple of reasons why everyone should read the scriptures:

[I]t is contrary to the economy of heaven for the Lord to repeat to each of us individually what He has already revealed to us collectively. The scriptures contain the words of Christ. They are the voice of the Lord. Studying the scriptures trains us to hear the Lord’s voice.”


When I read the scriptures, it strengthens my testimony that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (a.k.a. the Mormon church) contains the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. All the components of Christ's church as listed in the Bible are part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I am grateful that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers, so that I can pray about what I read and receive personal answers, and know of God's will for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment